- Ventifacts are rocks;
- These are polished by;
|Altiplano region of Bolivia|
- Venitifacts found in arid environments with aeolian particle transport.
- Ventifacts can be abraded to eye-catching natural sculptures.
- There are;
-isolated rock outcrops.
- mushroom shaped pillars.
- The outcrop is eroded by saltating sand grains.
- This happening because,strong winds, sand grains.& continuously held in the air.
- These particles bounce along the ground, rarely reaching higher than a few feet above the earth.
- Bouncing sand grains can erode the lower portions of a ventifact, while leaving a larger less eroded cap. lastly it seems fantastic stone mushrooms.
|Atacama Province, Chile|
- Individual stones, forming desert pavement, with grooved, etched, or polished surfaces.
|Mojave Desert near Barstow, California|
|Dolly Sods, West Virginia, USA|