|White Island in Camiguin, Philippine|
|A tidal sandbar connecting the islands of Waya and Wayasewa of the Yasawa Islands, Fiji|
|Shoals in the Mississippi River at Arkansas and Mississippi.|
- Barrier bar called as beaches.
- They are exposed sandbars.
- They formed during the period of high water level or high tide season.
- During the period lower mean sea level become emergent.
- It build by wind carried sand and swash.
- Barrier bars are separatly from beaches.
- They seems as shallow lagoons.
- It cut the beach off from the open sea.
|Amanohashidate in Miyazu, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan|
- It is a coastal landform type of barrier system.
- There are relatively narrow strips of sand that are parallel to the mainland coast.
- They usually occur in chains.
- Consisting from a few islands to more than a dozen.
- A barrier chain extend uninterrupted for over a 100 kilometers.
- The longest and widest being Padre Island.
- Barrier coasts are related to parameters including;
|Outer barrier in Long Island|
- Chains of barrier islands can be found 13% of the world's coastlines.
|Sandbar between St. Agnes and Gugh on the Isles of Scilly off the coast of Cornwall|
|The Mississippi-Alabama barrier islands|