- An oceanic plateau/submarine plateau is a large.
- Relatively flat.
- Rises well above the ambient seabed.
- Oceanic plateaus are composed;
- step interrupting the continental slope
- Some plateaus are under sea remnants of large igneous provinces.
- These were formed by continental flood basalts.
-Deccan Traps in India
- Snake River Plain in the Pacific Northwes
|Ontong Java Plateau,Pacific Ocean|
- Continental crust has the highest amount of silicon.
- Oceanic crust has a smaller amount of silicon.
- Igneous oceanic plateaus have a ratio intermediate between continental and oceanic crust.
- Igneous oceanic plateau is subducted underneath another one.
- Campbell Plateau (South Pacific)
- Challenger Plateau
- Agulhas Plateau (Southwest Indian)
- Broken Ridge Plateau (Indian)
- Caribbean-Colombian Plateau (Caribbean)
- Exmouth Plateau (Indian)
- Hikurangi Plateau (Southwest Pacific)
- Kerguelen Plateau (Indian)
- Manihiki Plateau (Southwest Pacific)
- Mascarene Plateau (Indian)
- Naturaliste Plateau (Indian)
- Ontong Java Plateau (Southwest Pacific)
- Shatsky Rise (NorthPacific)
|Zealandia Hikurangi Plateau|
|the red patch below the plateau is the continent of Antarctica|