- A headland is a point of land.
- Usually high.
- Often with a sheer drop, that extends out into a body of water.
- A headland of considerable size often being called a cape.
- A headland referred to as simply a head.
- Cap-Vert, Senegal
- Good Hope, South Africa
- Agulhas, South Africa
- Blanc, Mauritania
- Beachy Head, England
- Cabo da Roca, Portugal
- Cabo de São Vicente / Sagres, Portugal
- Cap Gris Nez, France
- Cape Arkona, Germany
- Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia
- Cape Chidley, Newfoundland and Labrador/Nunavut
- Cape Columbia
- Cape Canaveral, Florida
- Cape Charles, Virginia
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts, USA
- Cape Fear, North Carolina
- Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
- Cape Farewell, Greenland's southernmost point
- Cape Froward, Chile
- Cape Horn, Chile, South America's southernmost point
- Cape Virgenes, Argentina