Back to Erosion Landform
|A gully in Kharkov oblast, Ukraine|
- A gullies are created by soil.
- The result of;
- It typically formed on a hillside.
- Gullies resemble large ditches or small valleys.
- Gullies are process of erosion on the water flow.
- Hillsides are more prone to gullying.
- They are cleared of vegetation through;
- The eroded soil is easily carried by the flowing water.
- Then it dislodged from the ground.
- Gullies reduce the productivity of farmland.
- Produce sediment.
- That clog downstream waterbodies.
- The total soil loss from gully formation.
|Gully in Avaré, Brasil|
- Artificial gullies are formed during hydraulic mining.
- Jets or streams of water are projected onto soft alluvial deposits to extract gold / tin ore.
- The remains of such mining methods are very visible landform features in old goldfields;