Back to Fluvial Landform
|Anabranches at the junction of the Yukon River & Koyukuk River,Alaska|
- An anabranch is a section of a river/ stream.
- That diverts from main channel /stem of the watercourse.
- Local anabranches result of small islands in the watercourse.
- In larger anabranches, diverge for a distance of several km before rejoining the main channel.
- Anabranching river is a river with many anabranches.
- An anastomosing river is an organic-rich subset of this river type.
- A bayou is also anabranch.
- Fraser River delta,ritish Columbia, Canada
- North Arm Fraser River
- Middle Arm Fraser River
- South Arm Fraser River