- A terrace is a step-like landform.
- Consists of a flat/ gently sloping geomorphic surface.
- It called a tread.
- That is bounded one side by a steeper ascending slope called;
- Terraces are formed in various ways.
- A structural terrace is created by the differential erosion.
- The terrace results from preferential stripping.
- The preferential removal of softer material exposes.
- The flat surface of the underlying harder layer creating the tread of a structural terrace.
- Commonly paired and not always associated with river valleys.