- A potrero is a long mesa.
- That at one end slopes upward to higher terrain.
- This landform commonly occurs on the flanks of a mountain.
- It is part of a dissected plateau.
- A loan word from Spanish language.
- Potrero is use in the southwestern United States.
Pajarito Plateau near Santa Fe,
- These potreros used as winter pasture for livestock;
- That driven to & from lush summer pastures in the high grass valleys.
- Today, these potreros used in by a large herd of elk.
- These potreros are natural enclosures.
- These are the narrow connection to higher land.
- In Spain a potrero is common land in poor condition.