- A butte is a conspicuous isolated hill with steep.
- They are vertical sides and a small.
- It has relatively flat top.
- They are smaller than;
- The word butte comes from a French word.
- Meaning is "small hill".
- Butte's top is narrower.
- Cassic buttes are;
Crested Butte , Colorado
Elephant Butte,New Mexico
- Non-flat-topped buttes in the United States;
- Formed by erosion.
- When hard caprock overlies a layer of less resistant rock.
- The hard rock resists erosion.
- The caprock provides protection.
- It standing isolated.
- The same process forms hoodoos.